Housekeeping is a profession that requires exceptional care-taking abilities. A typical housekeeper works alone or in coordination with a team to maintain the employer’s property in good shape and condition. A majority of housekeepers reside in the property itself, while some prefer commuting to work every day. The size of the property that a housekeeper is responsible can be anything from a fine estate home to a large tract of land.
Job Qualifications & Experience
In order to become a housekeeper, you’ll need relevant qualification and experience in the hospitality industry. A Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality Industry skills or Diploma in Housekeeping augments your chances of getting hired. You might start the career as a room attendant, and then work your way up the ladder.
Job Prospects & Remuneration
According to US Bureau of Labor Statistics, housekeepers earn a median salary of $22,500, with the highest perk of around $32,700. The high paying sections include outpatient care centers and support activities for air transportation. You may expect a reduction in salary if you are provided accommodation and food within the premises.
Job Skills Needed
Housekeepers should have good understanding of what is required in what amount, and how the maintenance should be carried out to avoid any kind of lapse. Here are a few other skills imperative for an ideal housekeeping.
- Paying attention to details
- Decision making abilities
- Encouraging and motivating staff
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to respond sensibly in emergency cases
- Good numerical ability
- Good knowledge about fire extinguishing techniques
- Ability to adapt seasonally
Job Scope Requirements
As a property caretaker, it’s important to be fully aware of the area he/she is responsible for. Effective communication is very important in updating the employers about their property. Housekeeping Duties can vary from one property to another, but the typical ones are listed below.
- Routine repairs and improvements
- Allocating daily cleaning duties to the room attendants
- Inspection of rooms to make sure the standard is maintained
- Supervising and training staff
- Landscape troubleshooting and sprinkler system
- Maintenance of expensive equipment
- Electronic system care
- Proper care of lawn and backyard
- Managing utility bills when the owner is not present
- Keep records of costs and budget management
- Buy supplies whenever required
Want to Apply for a Housekeeper Position Today?
At The Calendar Group, we make an effort to hire the right sort of candidate to fit into our requirements for residential staffing projects. We’ll be happy to meet you in person and assess whether your capabilities match our requirement for the position of a housekeeper in our client’s household. Kindly take a note that you must have the eligibility to work legally in the US, with some strong reference and relevant qualifications in the job role being offered. Drop an email or give us a call today, if you believe that you have what it takes to impress us.